The plumbing system in your home delivers clean water when you need it and carries wastewater away. It’s easy to take this system for granted, but you should always watch out for signs of trouble. Call a residential plumber in Salt Lake County right away if you notice any of these plumbing problems.
- Sewage odors: Properly functioning drains hold water in a P-trap to stop sewer odors from entering your home. All drains should also have a vent to direct unpleasant smells to the outside. If your drain smells like sewage, there could be a problem with the trap, or the sewer vent could be clogged.
- High water bills: A sudden cost increase could indicate a hidden leak. The problem might stem from a dripping faucet, poorly seated toilet flapper, or leaky water supply line. Whatever the case, a plumber can help you pinpoint and fix the leak.
- Signs of water damage: Rising costs aren’t the only problem with water leaks. If a pipe is leaking behind the wall, you may notice bubbling paint, peeling wallpaper, stains on the ceilings or walls, and a lingering musty smell indicative of mold growth.
- Slow drains: Everything from clumps of hair to grease buildup to tree root intrusion may cause your sinks and showers to drain slowly. If a plunger doesn’t do the trick, schedule professional drain cleaning.
- Low water pressure: Does one of your faucets have lower water pressure than the rest? Try cleaning the aerator. However, if you notice low water pressure in multiple locations, there may be a problem with your supply line.
- Discolored tap water: If your tap water looks yellow or brown, there might be minerals, sediment, or rust leaching into the water. If the problem lies with the municipal water supply, installing a water filtration system may help. However, if your home’s plumbing is to blame, it could be time for whole-house repiping.
- Corrosion: Check any exposed pipes in your home. Discoloration, rust, and flaking are signs of corrosion. If you can see these problems on the outside, imagine what’s happening on the inside!
- Permanent soggy spots in the yard: Does one part of your yard remain wet and lush long after it rains? This is a surefire sign of a sewer leak. You need a plumber to diagnose the cause and perform the necessary sewer line repair.
Whether you suspect a clogged sewer line, leaky water pipe, or aging plumbing system, All Star Service and Repair can help. We have over 60 years of combined experience providing residential plumbing services in Salt Lake County. We’re confident we can pinpoint the problem and recommend the best course of action using high-tech plumbing inspection equipment. Then, we’ll draw on years of knowledge and training to repair your pipes correctly the first time around. Call us today at (801) 792-2428 or contact us online to schedule the services you need in Salt Lake City, Sandy, Murray, Provo, or Orem.