Do you need help with your plumbing at night or on the weekend? You should call a 24-hour emergency plumber. Of course, it’s only necessary to request plumbing services after hours if your health and safety are at risk or property damage could occur. Here are 10 examples of when to call an emergency plumber.
- No hot water: If your shower suddenly turns icy and won’t heat up again, there could be a water heater malfunction, electric issue, or plumbing leak. You can’t go long with no hot water, so call a 24-hour plumber right away.
- No water pressure: If multiple fixtures throughout your house develop poor water pressure, your main supply line may be cracked, broken, or clogged. Leave it to a plumber to diagnose and fix the problem.
- Overflowing toilet: A clogged toilet is bad enough, especially if it’s the only one in the house. If your attempts to unclog it prove unsuccessful or the toilet starts overflowing, it’s time to pick up the phone.
- Frozen pipe: The cold Utah weather can cause pipes to freeze in the winter. If you notice little to no water coming from a tap on a bitterly cold day, call for an emergency plumber immediately.
- Burst pipe: If not thawed in time, a frozen pipe can burst, resulting in water damage. You can shut off the flow at the main water valve, but you still need a plumber to repair the pipe.
- Water heater leak: Keep an eye on your water heater. If you ever spot a puddle forming beneath it, call an emergency plumber for advice. The appliance may have rusted through and needs to be replaced before it fails catastrophically.
- Plumbing appliance leak: Do you see water coming out from under your washing machine or dishwasher? A leaky hose or other malfunction could be to blame, demanding attention from an emergency plumber.
- Broken water lines: Tree roots, settling soil, and poorly aimed shovels can cause water lines to break. The resulting damage may flood your yard, degrade your water quality, or send your water pressure plummeting. Call an emergency plumber to set things right.
- Sewer line leak: A leaky sewer can be hazardous to your health. Wet spots in the yard or unexplained patches of extra-green grass could mean you need sewer line repair without delay.
- Sewer backup: If the sewer pipe gets clogged, you could have a backup on your hands. Anytime water flows up from your drains rather than down, don’t hesitate to call a 24-hour plumber.
If you believe you’re having a plumbing emergency, don’t hesitate to contact All Star Service and Repair. We have over 60 years of combined experience keeping our customers’ pipes and drains flowing smoothly. We offer drain cleaning, sewer line repair, trenchless sewer cleaning, whole-home repiping, and much more. Call us today at (801) 792-2428 to speak with a 24-hour emergency plumber in Salt Lake County or Utah County.