A/C Repair in Salt Lake City, UT
Keep Your Home Cool
With over 60 years of combined experience, All Star Service and Repair’s fully licensed and insured technicians use industry-leading tools to keep your home cool in during the hot summer months. With expert AC repair & installation, you can rest easy knowing that you are getting the most out of your cooling system.
AC Maintenance Benefits
Regular air conditioning system services provide a number of benefits, including:
- Longer unit lifespan: Every AC unit has a lifespan, usually between 10 and 15 years. In order to extend the lifespan and make the most of your unit, regular air conditioning service is crucial.
- Energy efficiency: The more your AC unit struggles to keep your home cool, the higher your energy bills will be. With proper maintenance, you can minimize the amount of work your unit has to do to keep you comfortable.
- Air quality: A well maintained AC unit will be better at moderating humidity. Regular cleaning will prevent accumulated dust and debris from being circulated throughout your home while the air conditioner is running.
- Avoiding a breakdown: On top of requiring costly repairs, or even full replacements, having your AC break down during a hot day is both inconvenient and uncomfortable. Schedule routine checkups to avoid this scenario.
Signs Your AC Needs Repair
You want to be sure you can rely on your air conditioner to keep your home cool. Ways to tell that your AC unit needs attention include:
- Warm air: One of the most obvious signs your AC needs repair is if it is blowing warm air. If you notice this happening, you can check your thermostat to ensure that the temperature is set lower than the current temperature, and that it is set to cooling mode. If the system is set properly and it is still blowing warm air, it is time to schedule air conditioning services.
- Poor airflow: Poor airflow is a common issue that can result from a clogged air filter, a broken motor, or something more serious.
- Humidity: While it can be hot and sticky outdoors, it should not be either of those things indoors. If your air conditioner is not moderating humidity levels, and keeping moisture levels within a comfortable range, you likely need repair.
- Frequent cycles: Your unit should go through fairly regular cycles. In the summer those cycles will be more frequent, but at no time of the year should your unit be cycling on and off constantly. If you notice this issue occurring, your unit may need a tune up.
- Noises: Air conditioners make noise when they start up and shut down, but you should not hear loud, sudden, or unusual noises such as rattling, buzzing, whistling, or grinding. If you hear any of these sounds, it indicates an issue that is not going to go away on its own.
- Odors: If you notice strange odors and think your AC unit may be the cause, it is worth having an experienced technician take a look.
- Leaking water: Your air conditioner uses refrigerant and produces condensation when operating, but if either of these things makes their way into your home, that is an indication of a problem that needs attention.
Contact Us Today
The experienced technicians here at All Star Service and Repair work with your schedule to get you the repairs you need. With competitive pricing free of hidden fees and charges, we provide only the best service from expert technicians. Call us to request your free estimate today!